Final SEC statistical disclosure rules for banking registrants
- General instructions
- The reporting period requirements align with the annual periods presented in the financial statements
- The requirement was retained to update for any additional interim period after the most recent fiscal year end if a material change in the information or trend has occurred
- Distribution of assets, liabilities, and stockholders’ equity; interest rates; and interest differential
- Present average balance sheets, including all major categories of interest earning assets and liabilities, to the extent material
- Include analyses relating to net interest earnings and rates and volume variances
- Segregate disclosures by foreign and domestic activities if the registrant is required to separately disclosure its foreign activities in its consolidated financial statements
- Investments in debt securities
- Disclose the weighted average yield of debt securities not carried at fair value through earnings by each category of debt security and by maturity bucket (one year or less, one to five years, five to ten years, and after ten years)
- Describe how the weighted average yield is calculated
- Loan portfolio
- Disclose the amount of loans by loan category and by maturity bucket (one year or less, one to five years, five to 15 years, or after 15 years) based on contractual terms. However, non-contractual rollovers or extensions, if considered when measuring the allowance for credit losses, should be considered in determining the maturity classification, accompanied by a brief discussion of the rollover/extension methodology.
- Allowance for credit losses
- Disclose four required credit ratios by major loan category: (1) allowance for credit losses to total loans; (2) nonaccrual loans to total loans; (3) allowance for credit losses to nonaccrual loans; and (4) net charge-offs to average loans. Ratios (2) and (3) are not required for IFRS registrants.
- Discuss material changes in the credit ratios or the related components for each reported period
- Disclose a breakdown of the allowance for credit losses by loan category in the prescribed format provided by the rule (does not apply to IFRS registrants)
- Provide information about bank deposits, including separate presentation of the average amount, and the average rate paid on deposit categories as defined by the rule
- Disclose the amount of uninsured deposits using the same methodologies and assumptions used for the relevant regulatory reporting requirements, to the extent applicable. An estimate of the uninsured deposits and associated methodologies for deriving the estimate should be disclosed if it is not reasonably practicable to provide a precise measure of uninsured deposits.
PwC. All rights reserved. PwC refers to the US member firm or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, and may sometimes refer to the PwC network. Each member firm is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details. This content is for general information purposes only, and should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional advisors.