Subscribe to our podcast
What’s next in tech for finance? Think blockchain
- 0:54 - Overview. Blockchain is a somewhat new, complex technology. We begin with the fundamentals: what it is and how it works.
- 5:35 - How it’s being used today. As more finance functions begin to integrate blockchain, we look at how it’s being used to eliminate intermediaries, accelerate timelines, and increase transparency.
- 17:56 - Where to start. Knowing where to begin can be overwhelming. Scott shares his thoughts on starting small, repeatedly testing, and building internal knowledge around the values of blockchain technology.
- 22:25 - Challenges. We discuss the potential adoption barriers, such as privacy concerns, and emphasize the importance of collaboration and process controls.
- 25:50 - What’s next? As we continue to get more digital, what does tomorrow look like for blockchain applications? We close by sharing our thoughts.
PwC. All rights reserved. PwC refers to the US member firm or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, and may sometimes refer to the PwC network. Each member firm is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.