1. What is Viewpoint?
Viewpoint is a digital platform providing you with compelling accounting and business insights, all personalised for you. With powerful search, real-time updates and user-friendly sharing tools it helps you find and share the insights, intelligence and content when you need it. Viewpoint’s content includes hot topics hand-picked by PwC subject matter experts relating to technical audit and accounting.
2. How do I subscribe or purchase additional content or licences?
3. How can I start researching a topic?
4. How do I find content related to the document I’m viewing?
The ‘Topic’ and ‘Industry’ landing pages are good starting points as they bring together the latest key documents. Click the Menu (three stacked lines at top left of homepage) to see them appear in a drop-down menu called ‘Latest updates’. In other menus you will see key documents such as the Manual of accounting and the standards listed alphabetically and by number. Alternatively, click on Sitemap
at the bottom of every page for a full index.
Use the content sidebar on the right-hand side of the page to find relevant related content. Elements of the content sidebar include:
- Related content: If there is any related content, this section will appear. It contains helpful links curated by subject matter experts to related content which can be viewed concurrently. Click on the arrows to get to the next related document and click ‘Go to content’ to open the document in its own window.
- Resizable - the right sidebar can be expanded or reduced completely depending on user preference.
- Examples*: Captures PwC-curated examples related to the content being viewed, if applicable.
- FAQs*: Contains PwC-curated frequently asked questions related to the content being viewed, if applicable.
*This enhancement will be available in an upcoming version of Viewpoint.
5. How do I search?
Click on the magnifying glass icon
in the top right of the screen. The search bar will pop up. When you start typing, suggested search terms and suggested guidance pop up, enabling you to get to where you want more quickly. On the search results screen, try filtering your results using the filters on the left hand side. For more details see below:
- Suggested terms/type ahead: After typing in three letters, Viewpoint will begin to suggest search terms and narrow your focus to achieve better search results. Click on a suggested term to bring you to a search results page.
- Suggested guidance: As you type in a search term, suggested guidance terms may be presented which have been curated by our subject matter experts. These are items that are frequently searched. If you find one that aligns to your need - click on the suggested guidance and Viewpoint will take you directly to the document.
- Filters: On the search results page, there is an opportunity to further refine your results. Filter options will appear on the left side of the search results page. Click on the filters of interest and select ‘apply’ at the top of the filter column to narrow your results.
- Change search results view: View search results by card (10 documents with title and abstract) or list (20 documents with title only) view. Sort results by relevance, publication date, revised date or alphabetically.
Having issues with search? See FAQ 16.
6. How do I get back to the main contents menu?
The Menu (top left of homepage) or the Sitemap (bottom of page) are always visible no matter where you are on the site.
7. How do I navigate large documents such as accounting standards?
Skip to a new chapter/section of content with the Table of contents (TOC) feature. TOC is located in the top left corner, just above the content header for each page of content. This feature is especially helpful for movement within the Manual of Accounting or the standards. Or use the clickable ‘breadcrumb’ at the top of the document.
You can also click on 'Search within document' which allows you to search within the area of content you are reading, for example IFRS standards or the PwC Manuals of Accounting. To find within a page, use the search function within your browser (Ctrl+F).
8. What do I do if I see a blank page with no content?
Click on the 'Table of contents' (top left) to navigate further or click on the title by the 'Next' button (bottom right).
9. How can I access content from other territories?
At the top right of the screen are two-letter abbreviations for the territory/language you are currently viewing. Click on these to view other available territory content (access depends on your subscription).
10. How do I share content?
Click on the arrow icon
next to the document title to share a page via email, LinkedIn or Twitter.
11. When I go to share a page via email, it launches Lotus Notes - how do I change this?
Click on your PC’s magnifying glass search icon and type “default apps” and select the Default apps icon (part of System settings)
. Then click the icon beneath ‘Email’ and a list will appear allowing you to choose your default email app.
12. How do I print/ pdf a page?
On Viewpoint you have the ability to print the page you are currently viewing.
All content shown on the current page can be printed or saved as a pdf through this function by clicking on the printer icon and then in the 'destination' box, choosing your printer or selecting 'Save as pdf'.
Viewpoint has been developed as an online platform which has the ability to be quickly and frequently updated. Accessing online content ensures that you always have the most current and relevant information available, something that is not possible with downloadable documents such as pdfs. For this reason Viewpoint is not designed to create large, unwieldy pdf documents. For frequently used documents, you may wish to favourite them for quick retrieval - see FAQ 13.
13. How can I create a favourite/bookmark a page?
For easy access to a certain page, click on the star icon.
This will store the page in a list that can be accessed by the drop down menu indicated by the star icon located near your profile name. The favourite (star) icon is displayed on every content page and you can favourite up to 25 different pages.
14. How do I personalise my home page?
Click your name in the top right corner and select ‘Profile’ to set up or change your ‘Site and content preferences’. To set up your Profile:
- Tick the box next to the country sites you wish to use. To set your default site, click on 'set as primary' next to the relevant site. All global content is automatically added to Canada, China, Ireland, and UK sites and hence if you select any of those sites you should not select Global as one of your territories.
- Select your preferred language and click on 'set as primary'.
- On the next screen, you can optionally select industries, topics, type of GAAP and GAAS. This will personalise the order of what is displayed on the home page. As Viewpoint develops, the personalisation will be AI-driven. It will get to know you and deliver the insights you need next across a broader range of topics.
15. The tutorial does not function after I log in, how can I view it?
Click on the ‘Tutorial’ link in the site footer.
16. When I click on the search icon, the site freezes, the background blurs and I cannot click on anything, what should I do?
This is likely due to a cache issue. Please try and clear your browser cache by contacting your IT team. This should rectify the issue, if it does not please get in touch via our email.
17. I’m having issues with the Home page and text not appearing properly, and with the buttons on the Profile pages, what can I do?
These are known issues with Internet Explorer, please try another browser - the preferred browser is Google Chrome.
18. How do I use Viewpoint on my mobile or tablet?
Simply navigate to viewpoint.pwc.com
on your mobile device. On tablets, Viewpoint is best optimised in portrait mode.
19. What cookies does Viewpoint use?
Please see the Cookies statement here
20. How do I subscribe to the fortnightly IFRS newsletter?
21. What further help resources are available?
- Log into Viewpoint, go to 'Hello [your first name]' at the top right and click on 'Profile' from the dropdown menu.
- In the Profile pop-up box, tick the 'Newsletter' box on the bottom right.
- Click on 'Save and Exit'.
- Read the Realising the benefits guide for more information on Viewpoint’s key benefits and features.
- See the Quick Reference card for tips on searching and navigating Viewpoint.
- See the Help guide for more detailed guidance on using Viewpoint.
- Do the introductory Viewpoint tutorial - click on the ‘Tutorial’ link in the site footer.
22. Who do I contact if I need further help or have a suggestion?