Subscribe to our podcast
Forecast 2021: Practical ideas to turn purpose into action
- 0:59 - Finding your purpose. There is power in defining your purpose. We begin by looking at the importance of defining the bigger reason behind the work you do (the why), not only what you do. We also explore the trend toward building a broader stakeholder community.
- 6:44 - Standing on the sidelines is over. Companies don’t need to get everything right the first time, but they do need authentic leadership. Shannon discusses the value of being transparent, identifying the gaps in your plan, and showing your commitment to being a part of the solution.
- 14:15 - Purpose is quantifiable. The importance of non-financial reporting is rising, and companies are making big investments in this area. We discuss the ROI of creating a purpose-led and values-driven organization and the finance team’s role.
- 23:27 - Driving the conversation. It can’t just be HR taking action on important issues—everyone needs to be on the journey. We talk through the ways organizations are changing their systems, processes, and behaviors to create sustainable change.
- 32:21 - Outlook. We share closing thoughts on the journey towards lasting change.
PwC. All rights reserved. PwC refers to the US member firm or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, and may sometimes refer to the PwC network. Each member firm is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details. This content is for general information purposes only, and should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional advisors.