Subscribe to our podcast
What you missed at the 2020 AICPA Conference
- 0:51 - Background and overall themes. Val kicks off our discussion giving some background on this year’s virtual conference, touching on the format and attendees.
- 1:54 - The search for fraud. Kyle discusses the SEC’s Enforcement Division’s initiatives intended to identify industry outliers and fraud.
- 9:47 - SEC update. Kyle and Val provide the highlights from the SEC sessions, including new rules, comment letter trends, the technical topics covered in staff speeches, as well as a summary of which amendments can be applied now, and which need to wait until 2021.
- 15:21 - FASB update. Val highlights the findings from the FASB’s in process post implementation reviews of the credit losses standard and updates us on the debate over the goodwill project.
- 19:35 - COVID-19 update. COVID-19 was addressed in nearly all sessions. Val fills us in on the details.
- 21:58 - The future of the profession. We wrap up sharing the conference’s overarching theme on the importance of diversity and technology upskilling.
PwC. All rights reserved. PwC refers to the US member firm or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, and may sometimes refer to the PwC network. Each member firm is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.