The requirements of this section shall apply to each security registered or being registered that is issued on or after January 4, 2021, and to each registered security issued and outstanding before January 4, 2021, for which the registrant had prior to that date provided the financial statements specified in § 210.3-16.
(a) For each security subject to Section 13(a) or 15(d) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and for each security the offer and sale of which is being registered under the Securities Act of 1933, that is collateralized by a security of the registrant’s affiliate or affiliates, provide the following disclosures to the extent material:
(1) A description of the securities pledged as collateral and the affiliates whose securities are pledged as collateral;
(2) A description of the terms and conditions of the collateral arrangement, including the events or circumstances that would require delivery of the collateral;
(3) A description of the trading market for the affiliate’s security pledged as collateral or a statement that there is no market;
(4) Summarized financial information as specified in § 210.1-02(bb)(1) of each affiliate whose securities are pledged as collateral as follows, with an accompanying note that briefly describes the basis of presentation:
(i) The summarized financial information of each such affiliate consolidated in the registrant’s financial statements may be presented on a combined basis;
(ii) Intercompany balances and transactions between affiliates whose summarized financial information is presented on a combined basis shall be eliminated;
(iii) An affiliate’s amounts due from, amounts due to, and transactions with any of the following shall be presented in separate line items:
(A) The registrant;
(B) Any of the registrant’s subsidiaries not included in the summarized financial information of the affiliate(s); and
(C) Related parties;
(iv) If the information provided in response to the requirements of this section (e.g., the trading market for the affiliate’s security pledged as collateral or a statement that there is no market) is applicable to one or more, but not all, affiliates, separately disclose the summarized financial information applicable to those affiliates. In limited circumstances (i.e., where the separate financial information applicable to those affiliates can be easily explained and understood), narrative disclosure may be provided in lieu of the separate summarized financial information otherwise required by this paragraph (a)(4)(iv);
(v) Disclose this summarized financial information as of and for the most recently ended fiscal year and year-to-date interim period included in the registrant’s consolidated financial statements; and
(vi) Notwithstanding that a registrant may omit this summarized financial information if not material, it may also be omitted if one of the following in paragraph (a)(4)(vi)(A) or (B) of this section is true and disclosed. However, paragraph (a)(4)(vi)(A) does not apply if separate disclosure of summarized financial information applicable to one or more, but not all, affiliates is required by paragraph (a)(4)(iv) of this section:
(A) The assets, liabilities and results of operations of the combined affiliates whose securities are pledged as collateral are not materially different than the corresponding amounts presented in the consolidated financial statements of the registrant; or
(B) The combined affiliates whose securities are pledged as collateral have no material assets, liabilities or results of operations;
(5) In a Securities Act registration statement filed in connection with the offer and sale of the collateralized security, if the registrant acquired a significant business after the date of the registrant’s most recent balance sheet included in its consolidated financial statements and the acquired business, one or more of the acquired business’s subsidiaries, or the acquired business and one or more of its subsidiaries are affiliates whose securities collateralize the registrant’s collateralized security, disclose pre-acquisition summarized financial information as specified in paragraph (a)(4) of this section for each such affiliate. The acquired business is significant if it meets any of the conditions specified in the definition of significant subsidiary in § 210.1-02(w), substituting 20 percent for 10 percent each place it appears therein, based on a comparison of the most recent annual financial statements of the acquired business and the registrant’s most recent annual consolidated financial statements filed at or prior to the date of acquisition. The determination of whether a business has been acquired shall be made in accordance with the guidance set forth in § 210.11-01(d). Acquisitions of a group of related businesses shall be treated as if they are a single business acquisition for purposes of this comparison. The determination of whether a group of businesses are related shall be made in a manner consistent with § 210.3-05(a)(3);
(6) Any financial and narrative information about each such affiliate if the information would be material for investors to evaluate the pledge of the affiliate’s securities as collateral; and
(7) Sufficient information so as to make the financial and non-financial information presented not misleading.
(b) The registrant may elect to provide the disclosures required by this section in a footnote to its consolidated financial statements or alternatively, in management’s discussion and analysis of financial condition and results of operations described in § 229.303 (Item 303 of Regulation S-K) of this chapter. If not otherwise included in the consolidated financial statements or in management’s discussion and analysis of financial condition and results of operations, the registrant must include the disclosures in its prospectus immediately following “Risk Factors,” if any, or otherwise, immediately following pricing information described in § 229.105 (Item 105 of Regulation S-K) of this chapter.
[85 FR 22000, Apr. 20, 2020]